A buddy system is an easy-to-implement solution to help new employees acclimate to the organization and the role. However, it is often inconsistently applied across the organization, resulting in varying onboarding experiences.
This research will help you:
- Define the responsibilities and expectations of a buddy.
- Provide guidelines around selecting the appropriate buddy for a new employee.
- Prepare managers to communicate with the selected buddy.
- Outline key tasks and accountabilities for managers and buddies.
- Evaluate the success of buddy pairs.
Use this guide to design a framework for the buddy system and provide guidance to managers on how to integrate it into the onboarding process.