As an HR research firm, we are dedicated to making positive and impactful change in the world through our products and services. We are committed to applying an inclusive and antiracist lens in the work we do by standing against racial injustices and holding ourselves accountable for unlearning and challenging systemic racism.
– Jennifer Rozon, President of McLean & Company, and Joel McLean, CEO
HR’s role in leading the way for culture change, challenging organizational norms, and guiding the DEI journey cannot be understated. Building a culture of inclusion that leverages diversity and focuses on equity has the potential to strengthen the organization’s ability to attract and retain talent. It also helps realize the benefits of a diverse workforce by fostering a sense of belonging. Culture change does not happen overnight – there is no better time than now to make DEI a strategic priority across your organization.
The Organizational DEI Journey
McLean & Company supports four phases of the organizational DEI journey:
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) is complex and heavily nuanced. This means that every DEI strategy must be based on specific DEI challenges the organization faces.
Use McLean & Company’s blueprints, tools, and diagnostics to build a sustainable strategy by focusing on real people’s experiences to uncover and address systemic inequities.
Create a People-First Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Strategy
- Conduct a current state assessment
- Determine the purpose of DEI
- Determine the governance model and select DEI initiatives
- Plan to launch the DEI strategy
Plan for Culture Change
Plan for Culture Change
Diversity on its own will not create inclusion. Use McLean & Company’s research and tools to realize the benefits of a diverse workforce by embedding inclusion into work practices, behaviors, and values, ensuring accountability throughout the organization.
Embed Inclusion Into Your Culture
- Determine the current state of inclusion
- Frame inclusion for the organization
- Mobilize inclusion efforts throughout the organization
- Equip managers with tools to create an inclusive environment
Use McLean & Company’s research and tools to implement DEI initiatives and inclusive HR programs to address DEI challenges across the employee lifecycle.
Nudges: A Paradigm for HR to Influence Employee Behavior
- Introduction to Nudges
- Ethical Concerns
- Nudging Framework
- Nudges Applied in HR
Diversity, equity, and inclusion is an ongoing journey of learning and unlearning. Use McLean & Company’s learning offerings, research, and tools to sustain the organization’s commitment to DEI.
How to Be an Ally
Equip employees with the knowledge and skills they need to be allies to their colleagues.
Advisors & Facilitators
McLean & Company’s Diversity, Equity & Inclusion analysts are available to support your DEI journey through guided implementation calls, workshops, and additional advisory services.
Accelerate your DEI journey with a facilitated McLean & Company workshop to create a people-first diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy.
Optional DEI Diagnostics, Diagnostic Debriefs, and Focus Groups
- Complete DEI diagnostic.
- Bring in McLean & Company’s expert facilitators to dive deeper into survey results and build an action plan.
- Additional support in communicating results and action planning is available.
Conduct a Current-State Analysis
- Establish a framework of DEI priorities to support the organization’s long-term strategic initiatives/goals.
Determine the Purpose of DEI
- Define overarching DEI purpose statement.
- Determine the organization’s DEI strategic pillars.
- Identify high-level goals and metrics.
Select Initiatives & Plan to Launch the Strategy
- Select initiatives to implement over a specified timeline.
- Create a high-level plan to execute on the DEI strategy.
- Create a DEI strategy presentation.
Add-Ons & Additional Facilitated Solutions
DEI Governance Model Development
- Identify appropriate governance structure.
- Define roles and responsibilities of governance components.
Action & Communication Planning
- Complete your DEI Strategy Action & Communication Plan.
Employee Lifecycle Analysis
- Examine the people, processes, and technology at each stage of the employee lifecycle.
Facilitated Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Roundtables
- Participate in an in-depth discussion on DEI, why it should be an organizational priority, and responsibilities and implications for the organization.
Roundtables are available for:
- Senior Leaders
- DEI Leadership, Committees, Councils, and Employee Resource Groups
- HR Stakeholders
Download step-by-step directions and implementations to create effective change in your organization.
Notes & Articles
Use these executive briefings to gain overviews and to make the case for implementing change throughout your organization.