High-Impact Leadership: Train Managers to Effectively Influence Organizational Stakeholders
Today’s business environment is flatter and more agile than ever before. True power no longer resides in position, but in the ability to influence others.
When leaders do not influence effectively it can result in:
- Challenges negotiating for resources.
- An inability to motivate for high performance.
- Trouble gaining traction for initiatives, projects, and change.
- Lack of buy-in and agreement.
- An inability to coach and mentor to high performance.
- Trouble creating a team vision.
When managers have the skills to effectively influence organizational stakeholders, both the organization and teams benefit from:
- Increasing timely goal attainment.
- Increasing the rate of project acceptance and implementation.
- Reducing project stalls and abandonment.
- Reducing interpersonal and team conflict.
- Helping build stronger work relationship, leading to higher employee engagement and lower turnover.
Module 1: Train Managers to Effectively Influence Organizational Stakeholders
- Understand the importance of influence and the value of becoming an effective influencer.
- Learn when and how to use different influence tactics.
- Learn to manage the influence process.
- Use case studies and exercises to increase your confidence with influencing stakeholders.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Understand the importance of influence.
- Use McLean & Company’s training program.
- Leaders are able to apply the appropriate influence tactics.
|1.1||Assess your comfort with influence.||
|1.2||Review your 360 degree influence feedback.||
|1.3||Reflect on a past influence situation||
|1.4||Discuss a high-impact influence case study||
|1.5||Determine action plan||