- Eileen Beck, Director of Global Compensation and Benefits at Glatfelter Company.
- Eric Friedman, Founder and CEO of eSkill Corporation.
- Karen Nordby-Wadel, Senior Manager, Human Resources.
- Michael Meagher, President Cogniciti Inc. and Lecturer in High growth, Ivey School of Business.
- Nancy Davis, Director of Human Resources at International Financial Data Services.
- Scott Bohannon, President and Founder of nsight2day.
- During rapid growth, a lot of pressure is put on HR to bring talent in to support the organization, and HR leaders end up feeling stressed and under-resourced.
- HR leaders scramble to hire people quickly, but end up making missteps and oversights that affect the organization negatively.
- Align HR strategy to business strategy to ensure that short and long term goals are being met, and design the HR team to manage high growth.
- It is better to do some planning up front, even though you’re in panic mode, to ensure that smart decisions are made.
- This is a daunting project, but is also an excellent opportunity for HR to prove its strength as a strategic partner.
- Traditional hiring must be altered in order to accommodate the needs of high volume hiring. Time is of the essence!
Impact and Result
- Maximize your success and credibility by meeting your organization’s rapid growth resourcing needs.
1. Build the HR strategy for the company growth plan
Align with the business and ensure that my hiring choices satisfy with the needs of the organization.
2. Refine the HR organizational structure
Create a team design that allows HR to manage rapid growth in an effective and timely way.
3. Determine resourcing requirements
Gain an understanding of what is expected and/or required from me by hiring managers.
4. Conduct internal sourcing
Fill roles strategically with internal candidates.
5. Conduct external sourcing
Design a plan for using the external sourcing methods most suited to the positions we are hiring for.
6. Develop a recruiting & hiring strategy
Receive optimal recruiting results.
7. Ensure culture alignment
Integrate new hires successfully and align to the culture of the organization.
8. Track and monitor progress
Stay aware of any issues within the rapid growth talent acquisition strategy.
This guided implementation is an eight call advisory process.
Call #1 - Build the HR strategy for the company growth plan
Our analysts will help you understand how to align business strategy and HR strategy in a way that prepares you to tackle rapid growth.
Call #2 - Refine the HR organizational structure
We will help you understand different options for structuring your HR team based on the needs set forth for the HR/business strategy.
Call #3 - Determine resourcing requirements
Our analysts will walk you through the resourcing requirements collection process and help you understand what you need to identify at this stage.
Call #4 - Internal sourcing
We will discuss with you methods for filling roles internally, and how to do this in a strategic way.
Call #5 - External sourcing
We will help you determine which sourcing option works best for you, and how to select an option based on the available positions you are hiring for.
Call #6 - Recruiting and hiring
We will walk you through best practices for recruiting and hiring during rapid growth, and help you to identify which methods work best for your needs.
Call #7 - Culture alignment
Our analysts will help you understand cultural issues that can arise during the growth stage and how to avoid them, as well as developing an onboarding program and integrating new hires.
Call #8 - Tracking, monitoring, and next steps
Our analysts will help you by going through the metrics on the scorecard and showing you how to collect these metrics using the Resource Planning Tool, as well as helping identify your next steps.
Book Your Workshop
Onsite workshops offer an easy way to accelerate your project. If you are unable to do the project yourself, and a Guided Implementation isn't enough, we offer low-cost onsite delivery of our project workshops. We take you through every phase of your project and ensure that you have a roadmap in place to complete your project successfully.
Module 1: Build the foundation of a Human Capital Growth Plan
- Aligning HR strategy to business strategy.
- Designing HR team to reflect strategy and prepare for managing high growth.
- Collecting resourcing information from hiring managers.
Key Benefits Achieved
- HR strategy will now reflect and align with business needs, guiding all other actions accordingly.
- Team will be prepared to meet resourcing needs.
- Full scope of hiring needs identified and confirmed.
Identify pain points.
Meet with executives to identify business strategy and long term resourcing needs.
- New/adjusted HR strategy is developed.
Assess current state of HR functions.
Re-design HR team.
- Re-design for HR team is created.
Capture department/division resourcing needs.
- Resource planning tool is filled out with resourcing needs.
Module 2: Design and implement a resourcing plan
- Identifying talent through both internal and external sourcing.
- Developing a recruiting/hiring strategy.
- Addressing cultural alignment.
- Setting targets/metrics to assess success.
Key Benefits Achieved
- Optimal sourcing is identified and planned.
- Recruiting strategy is put in place.
- Cultural issues are raised before they happen, allowing team to ensure they don’t arise.
- Goals measuring success are documented.
Fill key roles with internal candidates, if possible.
- Internal sourcing is addressed.
Fill roles with other internal talent, if possible.
Select the best sourcing methods for available positions.
- Plan for external sourcing is created.
Develop recruiting strategy.
- Recruiting strategy is developed.
Develop onboarding plan.
- Onboarding plan is developed.
Set human capital growth goals and metrics.
- Metrics and goals are identified and documented.